Employment Law Solicitors In Sittingbourne
No one wants an employment dispute hanging over them. However, employment disputes are unfortunately not uncommon in today’s climate, which is why specialist help and professional guidance from a team of experienced solicitors is essential.
Here at Ratcliffes Solicitors, our team of expert solicitors are here to support you if you find yourself in a workplace dispute. We can provide you with the right guidance from our years of knowledge and expertise in employment law.
Look for experienced employment law solicitors within Kent? Call us now on 01795 477 505. We work across a range of industry sectors, so please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
What Is Employment Law?
Employment law governs the relationship between employer and employee. Many of the rights and obligations of employers and employees can be found in an employment contract but there are wider legal rights and responsibilities which will also impact employment relationships.
Experts In All Aspects Of Employment Law
Our team of expert solicitors at Ratcliffes help employees and employers on a daily basis with many employment enquiries, from drafting contracts to employment disputes.
Our experienced solicitors have extensive expertise in all aspects of employment law and understand that each individual’s case is unique. Where appropriate we will offer you an initial low-cost consultation so that we can get an understanding of your situation and then we can provide objective advice to help with your case.
Are you experiencing trouble at work? We understand that employment disputes can cause anxieties about potential job loss and raise concerns about income and reputation. If you are facing an employment dispute we advise that you seek the guidance and support of specialist solicitors as soon as possible so that you are aware of your rights and obligations. Employment law deadlines are strict and timeframes for registering claims are mostly short. The earlier you get in touch with us the earlier we can provide you with professional and effective solutions to help you reach a satisfactory outcome.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Discrimination in the Workplace – Discrimination in the workplace can include things such as age, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
- Unfair/constructive dismissal – If you are in a situation where you have been unfairly treated at work and had to resign, you may be entitled to put in a claim for constructive dismissal or unfair dismissal. You will normally need to have worked for your employer for 2 years and will need to bring your claim within 3 months less one day of resigning. It is important to have legal advice if you are thinking of resigning or going to an employment tribunal. Our experienced solicitors can help.
- Breach of contract – When an employment contract is broken, this can affect both employee and employer and could end up in court. Our solicitors are on hand to guide you through this process and, in appropriate cases, maybe also able to provide guidance and support to help with resolving the dispute out of court.
- Redundancy – If you’re at risk of redundancy, or have been made redundant, there are employment laws to ensure that you are treated fairly. A talk with one of our specialist solicitors could help save your job, ensure that you receive the correct amount of redundancy pay, or help with your claim for redundancy.
- Compromise/Settlement Agreements – if you are leaving your job, you may have been asked to sign a compromise or settlement agreement. Once one of these agreements has been signed it is unlikely that you will be able to make any claims, such as for unfair or constructive dismissal, against your employer. You will need to have independent legal advice from an expert solicitor before you sign. Often the costs of this advice will be covered by your employer. This is usually a quick and straightforward process but an important one to get right. Call our team for their expert advice.
We specialise in many different areas of employment law. Want to find out more about the other areas that we work in? Or have any queries regarding your case? Call us today. We can offer a fixed fee cost for first-time appointments, available at our office, over the phone, or through video chat.
Lawyers For Unfair Dismissal Compensation
Are you having trouble at work? The team at Kent solicitors Ratcliffes meets local employees and employers every day who face issues surrounding their employment. The types of issues we handle include:
- Compromise agreements — An employee must receive independent legal advice before signing a compromise agreement, and we offer specialist advice on the consequences of this type of contract.
- Claims for unfair dismissal at work — When an employer does not follow correct procedures or sacks you without telling you why
- Claims for discrimination at work — Including discrimination on grounds of age, sex and race
- Raising grievances with a company by an employee through informal and formal channels
- Employment tribunal claims
- Acting for business owners who wish to buy out co-owners or partners following a disagreement
- Advising both employers and employees on redundancy procedures
Speak to our Expert Employment Law Solicitor in Kent
Simon Levack, our experienced Employment solicitor, deals with a wide range of employment matters and disputes, helping individuals and businesses navigate the complex waters of employment claims and legislation.
If you’re facing an employment issue you’d like help with, it is important to involve legal support as early as possible. Deadlines within employment law are strict and most claims must be registered within a short time frame in order to be processed. The earlier you get in touch, the earlier we can settle your dispute, ensuring your legal rights are upheld and protected.
Why Choose Ratcliffes Solicitors?
Our years of experience and specialist knowledge set us apart from other solicitors in Kent. Our team of solicitors are dedicated to providing tailored advice, professional service and clear guidance, ensuring that you are expertly advised in your employment matter.