Landlord And Tenant Lawyers
Ratcliffes Solicitors is a small, friendly legal firm in Sittingbourne in Kent. We know you don’t want to spend more time in legal meetings than you have to, and we do our best to remove some of the hassles that sometimes come with being a landlord or tenant.
We have a dedicated team of solicitors serving clients locally, and our expertise in this area means we are also regularly instructed by property owners and lessees in London. We act for residential and commercial clients from a range of backgrounds. Our clients include:
- Buy-to-let landlords
- Residential and commercial tenants
- “Accidental landlords” who are moving abroad or to a new property and wish to rent out their current home
- Investors and commercial landlords
- Freeholders and owners of blocks of flats
- Owners of flats with long leases
At Ratcliffes, we offer low-cost initial appointments where we will discuss your concerns in detail.
Leasehold Enfranchisement Solicitors
The issues we deal with include:
- Tenancy agreements — We advise on which type of agreement is suitable for you and ensure matters such as the length of the tenancy, rent, notice periods, responsibility for services, maintenance and repair, and insurance are clear. We’ll also spell out what should happen in the event of a dispute.
- Lease extensions — The term of your lease reduces each year, and this diminishes the value of your asset in the long term. You have the right to extend the term. We regularly negotiate with freeholders to agree a price to extend your lease.
- Leasehold enfranchisement — We act for leaseholders who wish to club together to purchase the freehold of their building, adding value of their individual flats and allowing them to run the building without interference from the freeholder or management company.
Contact our landlord and tenant lawyers by calling 01795 859279 or completing the online form.